Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cupcakes on Wheels: STACE OF CAKES Cupcakery

Company Name: Stace of Cakes Cupcakery
Owner: Stacey Reece
Company Phone Number: 609-424-6670
Company Website: http://www.staceofcakes.com/  
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stace-of-Cakes/133169093368613


If you're in the mood for a sweet and savory treat that won't burn a whole in your wallet, look no further than Stace of Cakes Cupcakery. At Stace of Cakes Cupcakery, they take pride in offering all sorts of cakes and cupcakes to the community at affordable prices. Their cakes are specially made to your liking. Ladies and gents, Stace of Cakes is not hard to find. The Stace of Cakes Cupcake Truck makes stops throughout Downtown Trenton between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. They also plan to have a grand opening at their Willow Street location (11 N. Willow St., Trenton, NJ) in the very near future, so Anwar's Reflections will be sure to keep you up to date on that as new developments arise. Below you will find a copy of Anwar's Reflections exclusive interview with the owner of Stace of Cakes, Stacey Reece:

AGS: First off, can you tell our listeners out there a little bit about your business?
  
My business started after a friend of mine encouraged me to start a cupcake truck business, after I did her son’s Confirmation cake. The idea seemed far-fetched at first, but after doing the research, and with my husband being laid off, we decided to give it a shot! So we decided to put a truck full of cupcakes on the streets of Mercer County viz. Trenton. The response has been great.

AGS: What is your background? 
 
My mother was a great baker, and I was her “sous- chef” growing up from the time I was 9 years old. I would grease all the pans, sift the  flour, and cream butter by hand . Tedious …..yes, but I loved doing it! Then I was allowed to work on my own baking projects. So though I may not have an official culinary degree, the many years of working in my mom’s kitchen have given  me the tools to be successful in the kitchen.

AGS: Is this the first time you have owned and operated your own business?
 When I was younger, I would bake cookies, and sell them around the neighborhood.
So the answer to your question is…yes this is my first official business.

AGS: How long have you been open?

The Cupcake Truck was launched in September 2010 . The Stace of Cakes Cupcakery and Café will be open next month.

AGS: What motivated you to start your own business? 

Honestly, there were talks at my husband’s job about upcoming lay-offs, then once it was established that it was going to become a reality, I no longer had a choice. I also felt like there was no other cupcake truck in New Jersey, and I knew that I could come up with really great recipes. So with those two ideas to work with, I decided to give it a shot. I researched the science of baking, tested many recipes, and turned my friends into “guinea pigs.” The feedback was awesome! So then I wanted everyone to try them. Once I’m fixed on an idea or project, I work really hard on accomplishing the task at hand.

AGS: Where did the name Stace of Cakes Cupcakery come from? 

The name was just a spin on one of my favorite cake design shows on Food Network ~ “Ace of Cakes,” with my first name being Stacey, and many of my friends  already calling me Stace as a nickname, I decided I was  going to call myself Stace of Cakes

AGS: In your own words, what makes your business unique?
My cupcakes, and products are made with the finest ingredients (Valrhona chocolate, imported spices, Madagascar Bourbon)  love, dedication, and passion. I do believe this is my formula for a unique, and one of a kind product.

AGS: Did you face any challenges when launching your business? If so, how did you overcome those challenges? 

Anytime you have to depend on the services of others, there will be challenges involved. However, I am believer of things always have a way of working themselves out, and patience is indeed a virtue. So I have learned to take everything in stride, and not to etch deadlines out in stone.

AGS: How do you advertise or promote your business?
  
My main source of advertising has been “word of mouth,” social networking media, such as Facebook, and Twitter.  I also have a website, which some people have found through “googling.” (http://www.staceofcakes.com/)

AGS: Have you taken advantage of internet marketing at all? If so, how effective do you think this advertising method is? If not, how interested are you in learning more about internet marketing? 

I have not done any internet ads, but basically used the business’s Facebook page to promote day to day happenings, and the upcoming Grand Opening of the Cupcakery. I feel as if Facebook has been tremendous, because I can use my Blackberry to send updates about what’s going on with the business. People can then call, text, and email their orders. This in my opinion is priceless.

 AGS: Being that you're an entrepreneur yourself, what advice, if any, would you give an up and coming entrepreneur that wants to succeed? 

My advice is to have a dream, be realistic about it, research what other successful people in the field have done in the past, check your competition out, have someone to share this journey with, and most importantly try to be the best that you can be in your industry, and pray!!

AGS: Is there any one piece of advice you would give to anyone thinking of opening their own business? 
 Always save for rainy days, always have a smile on your face, and just work hard, because it always pays off! 

AGS: Will you give us another interview one from now so we can follow upon your progress?
 Without a doubt I will!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for your time. 

AGS is an acronym for the author and founder of Anwar's Reflections, Anwar G. Salandy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment