By Anwar's Reflections Guest Blogger Neisha Kelly
Do you often dread the work day? Do you experience the blues? Well, you are not alone in that suffering. But here are ten ways to get ready for the work day in a positive mindset:
1. Get to work an hour early: I know this sounds crazy. But I like this one because it gives me time to mentally prepare for the day ahead. And I don’t have to jump right into work mode. I call it my power hour before work.
2. Read something positive: Whether it is an affirmation or an uplifting article read it. It will motivate you and keep you on a more positive tract throughout the day. I try to read something positive daily during my power hour.
3. Set a list of goals for break and lunch: Lists tasks you have to do throughout the day and assign the time to tackle them during break and lunch time. It will gives you both a sense of purpose and accomplishment at the same time.
4. Eat breakfast: Breakfast can definitely help you and keep your head in the game.
5. Do your hardest tasks in the morning: When I see a large pile on my desk I tackle it immediately. I make it a game with the clock trying to see how fast I can clear my desk. Sounds corny but it helps keep my momentum going.
6. Pick your clothes out the night before: There is nothing worse than scrambling for something to wear in the morning. The more organized you are in the morning, the better you will feel.
7. Get up an hour early: This will help you wake up refreshed and motivated. I like this one because I can prepare for the unexpected this way and do not have to forget things by rushing.
8. Pep Talk: Give yourself a positive pep talk, or say a prayer before leaving out the door or both. Say something that will stick with you throughout the day.
9. Listen to music: Music is a great motivator.
10. Think happy thoughts: Sounds corny but it really helps the day run smoothly. Remember watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become your actions. Watch your actions; they become habit. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. --Lao Tzu
Yes, these are tips I actually utilize. I am not saying everyday is great, but each day gets greater when I use these tips.
What do you think? Are these tips helpful? Are there more tips that I need to add to the list? Let me know by sharing your thoughts below.
Neisha Kelly is the Editor-In-Chief of the blog The Cultivation of You.