Monday, December 3, 2012

PC Trouble Stop By Mike's

TRENTON-- Is it just me or is does it drive you completely bonkers when you don't get good service from a store you do business with? Come on, don't be coy with me, you know what I'm getting at: the waiter that doesn't check on you until you say something about it. The dry cleaner that somehow misplaces a button on one of your favorite shirts.Or maybe it's the barber that pushes your hairline further back than you wanted. All of these experiences have  left me saying at one point or another what well-known singer Marvin Gaye once said, "What's going on?".

Yet at the same time, there are those other situations where a small business does get it right. As a matter of fact, just last week, my laptop needed a new USB port because the original one that was installed on the computer ending up breaking.

And you know, for a guy like me that likes to charge his phone and upload videos to YouTube, I knew I couldn't live without my USB port for too long. So, I went to Mike's Computers downtown Thursday afternoon. I have to admit, that day parking was tough,  but thankfully Mike was able to order me a USB port at no cost to me since I bought the laptop from him for a very affordable rate ($150). After he ordered the part, I had the piece in no time. I came back the following week and it was available.

Mike sells refurbished laptops and computers. In a recent Trentonian article, the store's owner, Mike Register, said "I try to make everything really affordable because we know what our customers want, and even try to stay under the competition’s prices,”. With laptops being priced at $150, $199, etc it seems as though the local entrepreneur doesn't just talk a good game, but rather he puts his money where his mouth is.

Despite the low price, my laptop runs like a charm, no performance issues. And if any problems do happen to pop up, Mike gave me a six month warranty, something he keeps his word to. On top of providing a quality laptop at an affordable rate, Mike and his assistant, Dave, are both helpful and professional. They greet you by name as you enter their downtown shop. I have to admit, it made me feel like I was on a episode of Cheers, a place where everybody knows your name.

In this busy and hectic world we live in, it can sometimes feel as though good business has become a thing of the past, but thankfully there are small businesses out there like Mike's that go the extra mile for the customer. That's why I recommend Mike's to anyone looking for a quality personal computer at a great price.

The shop is located at 228 East State Street, Downtown Trenton. For more information, contact Mike at 609.341.0951 or visit their Facebook page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment